Wednesday, October 5, 2022

How I found my Kitchen Sink

I have had some rather bad transactions on Craigslist, and some good ones, and this was a good one. 

This Kitchen sink is a Blanco sink. It is a granite composite sink, very durable where scratches and stains are concerned. And it is SO BIG!

The sink was 100% in wonderful shape, selling at a bargain price, new in the box, and only being rejected for a small manufacturing blemish on one side. The owners had their kitchen sink in an island, and the mark was visible, but in my sink the mark would be facing the wall side and never be seen. The fact that the sellers replaced it with the very same sink in their very nice kitchen spoke to them being pleased with it. 

I had several reasons for choosing a white sink. One was I wanted an old-fashioned looking sink. Also I learned from one of the RVs that we have hard water that dries white on dark surfaces. You would never notice that with this sink. A friend and I were also talking about how dark a stainless steel sink can look, especially in the gloomy winter.  This sink wasn't exactly white but it was light enough, and is also easy to keep clean. I am very pleased with it.

With the kitchen sink on the premises, would the actual kitchen be far behind? Stay tuned. For quite a while. 

I saw this kitchen at Lowes, and would have brought home the entire thing on the spot:

Why didn't we? So many reasons... all good reasons. Do you ladies that sew ever see a dress in a department store, and say "Oh, I could make that! I won't buy it because I could make it cheaper myself." Did you know guys do that, too. Of course we could hand-make this kitchen! 

(How often do you ladies go home and make those dresses, by the way?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kitchen is very much like mine and we purchased from Lowe’s when our house was built back in 2005. I loved the finish on the cabinets, however fair warning, it doesn’t last. Within 5 yrs. the finish started chipping off because it was painted on unprimed wood.
If we had the money to get new cabinets, I’d do it, but we are in our 70’s now and retirement pension doesn’t allow. If you purchase from Lowe’s plan to repaint in 5 yrs.
Janet Westrup

Lillibeth said...

Hi Janet, That's what my husband thought about those cabinets. We ended up building our own boxes for the cabinets but no doors yet...

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.