Saturday, July 25, 2009

Purple Jumper


This has turned out to be one of my favorite Cottage Dresses.



I used up some metallic thread I had left over from a project to stitch around the neckline.



Here is the jumper with the peasant blouse. Looks like something out of The Sound of Music, doesn't it?


The ties can just be done in a knot in the back....


...as the bow is not really "in style" anymore. But I like the bow anyway:)



Here is how I made the tie: if you sew, you will recognize this piece. It is a scrap left over from cutting the skirt. I did not have much fabric left after cutting out the jumper, so I just hemmed up this piece, gathered the wide end, and sewed it to the front of the bodice, over the box pleats.


All of the dress bodices are fully lined, but this one needed a facing. It is too confusing for me to turn a pull-over-the-head dress into a jumper and figure out how to turn the lining out (if you have ever made a lined vest, you'll know what I mean), so I just traced the armhole to make the facing. Facings are not my favorite thing to sew. That is why I line my bodices. Later on I will show you how I got out of more facings:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.