Saturday, July 25, 2009

Farmerly Report: Roses

Life is amazing. I thought I had killed this poor rose bush by digging it up while it was in bud stage and putting it in a pot. It was the wrong time to do such a thing, but it had to be done as the rose garden needed to be moved. It was either death by lawn tractor or death by digging. So the poor thing drooped over all its buds and I gave up hope. But then it started to bloom....


And it has lived very happily since, despite the crooked beginnings. The next batch of blooms were on nice, straight stems.

And I am pleased that all the rose bushes had a will to live, and are content in their new home (containers). They are only waiting there for a new location, but I enjoy the convenience of the containers that I am tempted to keep them there. They are easier to water, weed, and enjoy right off of the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.