Thursday, May 7, 2009

Who Loved Best?

Picking Apples
Picking Apples Giclee Print
Morgan, Frederick
Buy at AllPosters.com
"I love you, mother," said little John;
Then forgetting work, his cap went on,
And he was off to the garden swing,
Leaving his mother the wood to bring.

"I love you, mother," said rosy Nell;
"I love you better than tongue can tell;"
Then she teased and she pouted full half the day,
Till her mother rejoiced when she went to play.

"I love you mother," said little Fan;
"Today I'll help you all I can;
How glad I am that school doesn't keep!"
So she rocked the baby till it fell asleep.

Then, stepping softly, she took the broom,
And swept the floor, and dusted the room;
Busy and happy all day was she,
Helpful and cheerful as child could be.

"I love you, mother," again they said-
Three little children going to bed;
How do you think that mother guessed
Which of them really loved her best?

-Joy Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.