Monday, July 11, 2022

Every Fine Day

As you can imagine, we were left with a "hole" in our lives as we came to the winter of that year. Ever since, I have figured out dates of when we did this or that based on the time that Nancy left. Actually, the baby took his first steps and got his tooth the day she left, but it was bittersweet. 

Things had to keep going at the house to take advantage of every fine day.

The east wall had to have plywood put on before drywall, not for shelving purposes but for some kind of structural purpose that I never remember (facts like that don't really stay in my memory for long!).


 I suggested to the children that as homeschoolers we were flexible and should take more time off to build the house and just catch up on school when we could. The one who was always escaping during school hours looked up from his math book in horror, and the others seemed to have suddenly developed a strong desire to do schoolwork. Could it be that my children were not keen on construction?



At least this insulation was under shelter. Our ten-foot deep porch was the best design decision ever.

I mentioned that our baby took his first steps, but he had a funny way of walking. He would put his arms straight up in the air and then plunge forward. None of my other children did that, and it must have been a way to balance. I wish I had not lost the film I took of it. It looked just like when our friend Nancy was holding his hands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.