Friday, July 15, 2022

Arch, Oops, and sundry items

Since the weather prohibited the exterior work, my husband turned his mind to refining the interior, like building this arch in the master bathroom. It takes quite a bit of calculating in structure and little cuts in the drywall to make it do this!


One day we had quite a windstorm. It started in the Willamette Valley, and my folks called me to tell me about it. I timed it from their call, and an hour later it showed up here!
 I know RV's and camper trailers are built for going down the interstate at 55 MPH, but when strong winds hit it I would get nervous. I took the children up to the house to spend the afternoon. You could hardly hear the storm in there. Yay for 8 inches of insulation!

Look, a DOOR! The master bedroom was primed, cleaned, and a door installed to keep out the dust. This was because my husband was able to start work remotely and needed to keep his computers clean from construction debris. No, this wasn't yet 2020 so he was ahead of the trend. The nice thing was that he could skip two hours of daily driving in upcoming winter weather. Although he could take any mostly finished area of the house, we eventually realized something: we had not put an office in the house plan. We did have a nook designed for a "command center" type space, but not a full blown office space. Oops!

My "command center" nook (which included a place for a computer) also changed about that time. It was going to be in one of the corner closets of the bay window structure in the dining room. Since the weather prohibited outdoor work, this was one space that my husband turned his mind to. Down the 2x4's came and a new plan was made for the bays, and the computer closet was unfortunately going to be narrower. 
Measuring and cutting drywall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.