Saturday, September 4, 2021

The Day the Skies Cleared

Construction stopped briefly for a local event, and the smoke cleared out for ONE DAY-- what a gift that was, because it was the day of the Apoceclipse. That was what we were calling the influx of people, traffic, the popping up of new campgrounds big and small.

The construction workers at my place went out back to hike up to the top of the canyon walls for a better view of the eclipse. I stayed home with the little kids and did laundry while I was waiting for the big deal, which was probably going to be just a few minutes-- all that fuss and travel people were doing for a few minutes! 

We were not alone in viewing the event though-- some neighbors and their friends were trying to get up higher than the street, so I invited them up to our site. We also had a chipmunk come out to watch with us. I found that eclipses are more amazing than I thought. My phone didn't take good pictures of course, this was the best I got.

Now I am a convert! If there was an eclipse within a day's drive-- yeah I think I would travel to see it. Amazing! 

The aftermath of traffic down on the highway in the valley (a rather quiet highway, usually) provided amusement after the main show, and then the work day went on.

The next day the smoke came back. 

(Yes I know I am dating myself with this post... it has taken us this long to build the house...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.