Friday, September 10, 2021

An important bit of the plumbing... and what we wished we'd done.


 Well this isn't the most exciting photo in the west, but it meant that my washer would no longer have to drain into the kitchen drain stub and could be moved into the laundry room! This humble plastic item was also making us nervous during the rough-in inspections because the inspector paused his tour of the system and made a phone call about it to headquarters. I don't remember why now but I think we had to fix the placement or something.

But what do I wish we had done differently? I wish we had gone ahead and bought  the DEQ permit (along with its subsequent yearly report to be filed) and had a grey water system put in. At the time it seemed that it was too expensive and perhaps not necessary; now that we have experienced this drought I would have been very glad for all my washer water (and sink & tub water) to be saved for a garden in a built-in system. Even though I save what I can from produce rinse-water and shower warm-up water for my poor little plants, all my washer water is wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.