Thursday, September 23, 2021

Some Kitchen Talk


 This was another version of my "construction kitchen." In warmer weather it was quite nice to get out of the RV and spread out on site. It was a bit difficult not having a sink, and we carried pots, pans, dishes (clean and dirty) up and down the hill to and from the RV. We managed to have some mighty fine meals in spite of the extra work!

I was getting pretty good at crock-pot cooking-- I used it for everything from casseroles to granola to bread! I kept refusing my husband's offer to buy me an instant pot. It seemed like a fad to me, and I wasn't sure I wanted another big appliance to put somewhere. When I finally got one it changed my life! Of course not everyone is cooking in an RV but if you are doing a house build and living in a fifth wheel, take my advice and get an instant pot first!

Here is a photo of something that no longer exists. Our plans for the kitchen included an extra water heater under the counter. Since we were doing electricity appliances and not gas, we decided against an instant or on-demand hot water heater-- we were told that they were more expensive to run on electricity. So I bought a small regular one and we got ready to hook it up.

 

Eventually, for various reasons, we took it out and decided to just use the main hot water heater.  The hot water didn't have too far to go..."they" say that the run from the hot water heater to spigot should be no more than 25 feet, and we were pretty much in that.

 Wouldn't you know it, not a day goes by that I wish we had put in the extra heater after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.