Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Village part five: Country Farmhouse and Barn

2022 Note: I was getting a lot of requests for access to the files ("request to view" in Google Drive or Docs).  No matter how I updated the settings I still had to manually approve many people. Therefore for this year I have moved the PDF to a new hosting platform so the updated links will take you there. It is still FREE and should be accessible to you all 24/7 without waiting on me to approve you!

For those of you anxious to finish up your village, the printable PDF for the last two pieces are here.

The last bits to add are the barn and farmhouse!
The PDF for the last two pieces are here.

The PDF for the last two pieces are here.

I added paper windows in place of the cardstock windows, and here is what my barn looks like with the light shining through:
 And the farmhouse:
It wasn't until I printed this out and started to color it, when I realized that something was missing... a wreath on the door! I forgot to draw one, so you will have to add that yourself:)

I also did not mount any extra bits on, but were I to do that, I would cut out an extra sled for the house, and an several extras to the barn: the wagon wheel, barn star, the pump and the sheep behind the fence and haystack piece. Foam mounting tape is ideal for it, but I had success with just regular tape rolled up, too.

I hope you have enjoyed this series! Here are the links to the posts about the rest of the Christmas village:
The Meeting House
The Village Shops
The Village Houses
The Woods 
New! Mountains and Skater