Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Sisters Quilt Show 2024: Bright Quilts

Helloooooo

I know I haven't written in a while, but I do still consider myself a blogger and not one who "quit blogging." It seems that the year is only 6 months long now and I have had to drop off a lot of things just to survive the rush! Right now I'm on a "vacation" of sorts so I finally have some time to post. 

I was back at the Sisters Quilt Show soaking up all the beautiful works of art earlier this month! It was very, very hot this year. I felt a little rushed to get through before my party and I succumbed to heat stroke (and we were some of the early birds). I wish I had lingered at every display and soaked up the quilting... I do apologize for some of the photos being sub-par and for not stepping forward to get more details! 

Because there are about 70 pictures I want to share, I'm going to divide them into short posts. 

Post #1 the Brights! I seemed to notice the quilts with white backgrounds and rainbow colors that really "popped." Maybe one of these will be on my want-to-do list (and probably stay on the list for the next ten or twenty years...).

I wasn't familiar with all the quilt designer's names, but LORI HOLT sure did jump out as one I know. I love her style! This quilt had embroidered details and lettering.

This must have been fun to lay out to get the butterfly shape!

A traditional Irish chain, but I liked the color scheme and the way the dark squares stand out.

A "Sampler," all colored blocks in a white sashing.

Lots of contrast in this one!

Sorry I don't have a full-on photo for this one. I wasn't so interested in the colors or pattern of this one, what I was interested in was the not-so-white background:

The use of different prints and pieces for the background was very clever!

This Nine-Patch Bear-Paw variation would look good in many color schemes, but this one was especially was eye-catching!

I found this one easier to look at through the camera. In person it was quite a visual puzzle, in the little camera screen it shows up as a Sawtooth Star. 
 

Maybe this example helps you see it better!

I don't know the name of this block, but it makes a pretty garden of bright, scrappy flowers. 

Beautiful ribbons, made up of squares and half-square triangles. How hard could it be? 

This isn't my "style" but it did amuse me! A lot of the same shapes make up different animals. 

This is a paper-pieced quilt. I wish I had a closeup of this one, it must have been a lot of work! I love the little rows of different colored houses.

I hope you enjoyed this colorful sampling of the quilt show. Next post: blue quilts!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You BLOGGED !!!!! I'm so excited. I haven't time at the moment to .really absorb the quilts but I shall return!!

Annie h

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.