Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Sisters Quilt Show 2024: The Blues

 Blue-based quilts will always catch my eye: Blue-and-white, blue-and-yellow, and all the blue-greens. They are so popular they merited whole sections of their own in the town.

The middle quilt has a swan with its reflection.
You can do all kinds of designs with the log cabin block.
Best of the blue combinations in this sampler!
I love the depth the different blues give this half-square triangle quilt. It probably had a name but I didn't get to read all the description tags.
Gorgeous! It almost sparkles.
I recently noticed that blue and aqua are popular colors for the wedding ring pattern. In blues it reminds me of ripples in water.
The wall of the Stitchin' Post quilt shop is a display of quilts made by their employees.
This one caught my eye in particular after I went home and started looking through the photos. The largest star was interesting to me; I don't know the name of the block. It is three layers of stars stacked, and since we were in Sisters near the Three Sisters mountains, I think it should be called the "Three Sisters Star!" I have drawn out the block and have plans for it...

I love the very top quilt: fat bluebirds with a couple of cardinals sitting with them for contrast. The red "color pop" theme is in the house quilt next to it; there is one house with a red door. 

Now what should I post next... maybe some really amazing Art quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.