Monday, July 5, 2021

Sundry Items

 Although there were times when everyone in the family worked on the house, there was the everyday business to attend to. The "real job," commuting,  homeschooling, cooking, "house" cleaning, and just plain living had to be done during the day.

Do you see what I see?

Even a toddler can do some housework, and often more enthusiastically than the rest of us! (I really appreciated the light-weight build-in RV vacuum system too...)

 I was often sent to town to find things, and pictures like this were texted to me so that I would know what in the world I was looking for. No matter the detail, I often still brought home the wrong item. Returns to Lowes became a Sunday Afternoon tradition.

We all felt like this, at one time or another.

Sometimes Lego people invaded the building site, when Daddy was an hour away at work.

Lego features largely in our family, not matter how small our living situation. At one time I got to wondering if Lego could solve some planning problems... sort of a hands-on version of Sketch-Up.


2 comments:

Janet W. said...

Hi Lilibeth, Janet W. here from Lady Lydia Speaks.
During my 52 years of marriage we bought and restored two “fixer-upper” houses adding on to double the size or adding big workshops for my husband’s car interests.
Your story reminds me of the November we started building on a half house addition before the big El Niño weather hit San Diego, California.
The rain, mud and wildlife from the nearby fields all came at once with each clap of thunder. We had about 1 minute to scramble from bed in our pajamas, jump into rain boots, grab the shop vac and a broom. I swatted mice coming into the open back of the house while my husband vacuumed rain pouring into the new foundation over a downspout gutter he’d rigged up over a huge fire tarp between the new and old portions of the house. What memories. I remember thinking if we survived this for 5-6 months, nothing could tear our marriage apart.
I kept a journal. Looking back it was hilarious!
Janet W.

Lillibeth said...

Oh Janet that is quite a story! And when we get to our "downpour" post you will surely empathize! Thankfully we have had rain adventures but only few mice this whole project.

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.