Friday, January 8, 2021

Up to the Top

My job was to keep the little ones at the edge of the woods and out of the way, and to take lots of pictures.

 It is difficult to see in this photo, but the power line is between the pole on the left of the photo and where the crane is. The trusses had to be swung up to the house with utmost precision. The truck had to be on uneven ground next to the top of a cut.

 The trucker was not at all happy about this situation. Not at all.

The truck had a difficult time finding a balance I guess. There was some reason that the trucker doubted the stability of his unit when he got it all set up. There were those ever-present power lines.

Eventually I was called from my job by the trucker. "Watch these wheels," he told me, "the moment you see them lift off the ground, I want you to SCREAM."

Well the wheels never got off the ground and the trucker did an excellent job. I got to see how stressed-out he was up-close though. He was beet red and so tense I thought he was going to have a heart attack. I divided my time between watching those wheels and watching him in case he held his breath too long.
All's well that ends well. But I was pretty sure he was going to go back to the company office and resign that very day.
Thankfully, putting trusses on your house is not something that has to be done repeatedly!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.