Saturday, January 9, 2021

Blue Skies Smilin' At Me

 

"The sky is the only roof I have over my head..." 

 I'm really getting into the old tunes here... Blue Skies and Breezin' Along with the Breeze come to mind when looking at this photo. For a while we had a glimpse of amazing blue for the ceiling!

***

In other news today, I have done a video! It is for my papercrafting blog, but now that I know how to use the video and recording editing software, I can start thinking about compiling some of our house building videos to post here! Most of them are short but they might be of interest to you!

I learned a lot making this video. I learned that #1 as soon as I press "record" all the dogs in the neighborhood bark and howl, a toddler yells over his toys, children stomp, a loud and interesting scientific discussion happens right outside the closed door and a banjo plays. #2 is that I can't talk and work at the same time! After what I feel was a dozen takes, I found that the voice-over style was for me. 

There were a few glitches and the duplo-tower-camera-holder was still not high enough, but beyond that I'd like to know what you think! Would you like to see some house-building videos? With maybe some banjo tunes in the background!


1 comment:

lahbluebonnet said...

Yes, indeed! When my son taped with one of the Colonial Williamsburg Electronic Field Trips, the crew quite often had to wait for complete silence. The extra hilarity about it was that this was the center of the historic area (only carriages and horses are allowed...but even they make noise) and in the far distance are the delivery trucks to the taverns backing up...and surrounding the history area is the modern town of Williamsburg with all the traffic. Oh, and all the emergency vehicles of the modern day are parked on property adjoining the historic area. Which means the crew had to wait for them and their sirens to leave the area. We never realized how noisy that quiet town was!

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.