Saturday, October 2, 2010

Love-In-A-Mist

Love in a Mist

Love in a Mist

Giclee Print
Anderson, Sophie

Buy  at AllPosters.com

 In the vegetable garden this year, a couple beds were set aside for "mystery seeds." These were saved seeds from the flower garden last year, put in Ziploc bags and envelopes, but not labeled. Yes, I know we ought to label them. Ahem! To get back to my subject... a plot of these beautiful blue flowers came up, but there were no blue flowers in the flower garden last year, making these extra mysterious.

 A friend told me they were called "Love-In-A-Mist."  I have heard of or read about Love-In-A-Mist, but must not have paid attention to what they looked like. I thought the shades of blue were so lovely, and now I have extra reason to like these, and grow them again: their beautiful name!

 I have not yet identified the wee blue-purple-white-ish flowers that have come up with the Love-In-A-Mist.
 What fascinated me about these, was that there are at least 4 different variations of this flower in this plot. Some more blue, some more white, some more purple. Some with many petals, some with a single layer.


 Here are the four different variations I have seen so far (above), and three close-ups (below).



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.