Friday, January 23, 2009

Question of the Month

Apple Blossoms



Apple Blossoms
Art Print

Wisinger, Olga...
Buy at AllPosters.com


A Question from a gal born in Washington:
Why is it that when I buy a can or a jar of apple juice, I see "Concentrate from China" or a combo of the US and ten other countries? What's the matter, doesn't Washington State have enough apples to make juice with?

Crate of Apples from Washington




Crate of Apples from Washington
Art Print

Buy at AllPosters.com

Why do we have to import apple juice concentrate from places halfway across the world? Isn't that more expensive?

Apple and Pear Orchards in Bloom, Washington, USA



Apple and Pear Orchards in Bloom, Washington, USA
Photographic Print

Wild, Jamie &...
Buy at AllPosters.com

I think I'll just get my juicer out and get some Hood River Pears or some Washington Apples at the store, and make my own. 

Giant Apple on Truck Bed, Washington
Buy at AllPosters.com