Monday, May 8, 2023

Now where was I...

This morning's storm was slow moving

I think I am running out of blogging excuses. The time change was so long ago, can't use that one... let's see... it's raining here in the desert. Lack of sunshine makes it hard to wake up in the morning. 
Anyway, where was I?

Dryer of my Heart
After I wrote my rant over the washer with flat-panel push-buttons which were ushering in the downfall of civilization (see the four previous posts), the matching dryer was delivered. OH ME OH MY it is wonderful. I almost recant. The capacity is so much bigger than my previous "extra capacity" dryer (it could swallow that dryer's drum) and it is so fast. I cannot believe how much less time it takes to get loads dry now. I might weep when those flat-panel push-buttons finally poke through the vinyl and the entire unit quits on me. The dryer top is sloped which means I cannot store detergents on it, but that has turned out to be a plus because it's always clean and clear. The lint-trap has never been used by anyone but me or touched with softeners, I'm so happy every time I clean the lint screen. The dryer has a light!! 

Yes, in case you are bursting with the question right now, I did want to use a clothesline outdoors. In this desert atmosphere, the clothing would be dry in minutes. However through this house project there has been so much blowing dirt on this property, I would not have clean clothes by the time they dried! And besides that I have never found a place to put a proper line. That makes me extra happy to have such an efficient dryer. 

The dryer has reconciled me to the washer, and except for the fact that there is no separate "rinse" function (very much needed if you are a seamstress) I am getting along with it quite well.

The Cascades

Nettle Tea
After a bout of seasonal allergies (I guess) and other discomforts, may I recommend to everyone a cup of nettle tea? It was just what I needed this week to go from perfect misery to perfect happiness. Look it up for yourself. I am crediting it with all kinds of good affects intentional or not; it could be the reason I'm actually blogging today and making more post promises! Maybe why I have a sudden urge to catch up and courage to organize. Who knows?

Wildflowers
The season is here. I may be doing some up-to-date wildflower posts in the near future, if I cannot help myself. 

Spring Sunset

Anniversary
For our 25th wedding anniversary, we decided to finish the kitchen and get DRAWERS. I am so pleased at this decision, having waited for quite a while now for the luxury of handy (hidden) storage. We debated about going on a special celebratory vacation, but for the same amount of money could put our kitchen cabinetry plans into effect. We knew we would thank ourselves every time we opened a drawer. I will try to catch up with the rest of the construction posts to get to this point in our ongoing house story! In the meantime, I got some updated ideas at Lowes: 

Nice idea for an end cabinet, but I already have one of these elsewhere in the house! 

Double the drawer capacity (the top organizer slides out of the way, more space beneath!)

I believe we solved the corner problem a different way, but this is an interesting idea.

Rubber mat under the sink! Yes please! And handy dandy hidden holders for serving spoons.

I don't have an outer corner like this, but I like this idea! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.