Monday, November 14, 2022

Some Other Things

 

A bit of a random post about other things that were done that summer. The west side of the house had some fancy white underboards (I am sure there is a word for them) attached. I do not understand how anyone can work that far up off the ground just standing on a ladder. I am so grateful that someone can do it though!
The time came when the extra construction stuff in the back went to the dumpster. We salvage what we can but still the trash piles up. 


A job well done. 

These lights make me happy and sad. Happy because they look great, are adjustable, and just want I wanted to light up this bookshelf wall. Sad because we miscalculated where they were to be installed and they are too close to the wall. In order to redo them, the painted drywall ceiling will have to be cut, patched, mudded, sanded, primed, painted... at this point I think we would rather build narrower bookshelves. But anyway, don't they make a nice glow?

A "helper."

Here's how the reading nook turned out. I was not enthused about an arch because I thought it looked like a doghouse. The little ones don't care though and they like hiding in it sometimes. 

Our drywall pros did a great job, but this was probably the most difficult spot of all. I wasn't sure if they would volunteer to come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.