Friday, September 17, 2010

Sunshine

Meet "Sunshine."
I do not usually name my clothing, but this dress was so cheerful, it inspired me to do so.
This is made from a "vintage" Simplicity pattern from the 1970's, for a wedding dress or bridesmaid's gown.
A friend found this pattern at a garage sale, and she knew I'd like it. She was amazingly right - as soon as I saw it, I was smitten! It is a sweet, lovely design, with cute sleeves, and lots of lace!
I am not fond of 1970's fashions in general; I do not know how many of you survived that decade. Polyester in thick and scratchy forms, fabric prints full of fungus, icky frogs and insects; colors of mud brown, algae green, atrocious unearthly orange and "harvest gold" (which is a rather muddied gold color with a greenish cast). Ugh. Ick. Yuck.
However, I have found out that some good fashions can come from the '70s, and that I can handle this yellow, which I am not calling harvest gold, but is the welcome color of sunshine now that our days are getting overcast.

And with the scraps, I squeezed out Sunshine II.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.