Monday, October 22, 2007

An Autumn Austen Tea- day two

A Favour, 1898
A Favour, 1898
Giclee Print

Leighton, Edmund...
Buy at AllPosters.com


The preparations for the tea were few today. My mother and I wondered about re-arranging the furniture, she has been wanting to move the piano! Hmm.

Today I went grocery shopping for the household. I picked up some of the tea items that will keep, I'll have to do some of the shopping the day before for the fresh items.


When I got home in the late afternoon, I cleaned out my dad's car for his birthday present. It had not been cleaned out in ten years, he estimated. Oh, it was bad.


It was so bad that I washed all of his loose change. It was so bad that the bugs died. It was so bad that the crumbs were caked on in places. It was so bad that I had to wash my hair when I was finished. The ooze and goo from ten years of spilt coffee had attracted wayward pennies and loose bits of fuzz. dozens of after-dinner mints had found their way out of their wrappers and melted on pens. There were toothpicks and swizzle sticks (from all those coffee stops) all over the place. I thought that perhaps he had bought a box of toothpicks and dumped it all over, but after cleaning out all the nooks and crannies, and finding several lighters (and knowing my dad does not smoke) I figured that it was a survival tactic. You see, if he is ever caught in a snowstorm, he can gather all those toothpicks into a little campfire and burn them to keep warm. I opened up the trunk and took a look, and shut it again. Happy birthday, dad, but you get to clean out your own trunk.


It was dark when I finished, and Dad was happy with the results. Now I am tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.