Friday, June 17, 2022

Some Goings-On

 We had some other things going on back then besides siding. Here's a little "round up."

We aren't always late to church because of this, but it makes a neat excuse. 

For some reason the trash pickup was the highlight of the week for certain little folks. I wonder if the trashman ever noticed that he was being watched?

One of our construction crew became interested in flying planes. So we bought him a "discovery flight" from a local school.

 He got to fly the plane once it was in the air. That sealed it: he was going to be a pilot.

Since Costco was in the area, I popped in to get some groceries and was smitten by the little pilot outfits that just so happened to be on sale. What a coincidence! I bought a couple for my youngest boys to commemorate their brother's first flight. 

Baby wasn't exactly thrilled. 

We went to Nancy's to use her oven and her Very Big Pan. We loaded it for a veggie roast. It seemed like a good idea until we tried to lift it! 

Nancy told us that she had studied to be a pilot years ago, but the cost of flight time was too prohibitive and she had to let that dream go. I got this idea in my head that for Christmas I would get her a "discovery flight." I spent many pleasant times imagining her on the flight, taking the controls and telling the instructor in her Nancy-way: "OH LOOK AT THAT! LOOK OVER THERE! ISN'T THAT BEAUTIFUL! OH ISN'T GOD GOOD!" and then her classic, "OH LORD TAKE ME NOW I'M READY TO GO!!!"

Yes, it was quite amusing to think about the poor flight instructor! 

But that was a long way off and I tucked it in my mental Christmas list. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.