Monday, September 29, 2014

A Couple of Cards


 Having fun with the cuttlebug again... the above is a card I made for a lover of tea and of the color blue. The teapot and cup cut-outs were ordered from eBay quite a while ago; unfortunately the seller seems to be out of business now. For until I can afford the actual die, I found that several die cuts can be had inexpensively through a seller who does have the dies.
I stamped the background blue on blue with some little stamps, then stamped the shapes. I ran the shapes through the cuttlebug in a swirl-design embossing folder. It doesn't show up too well in the photo, but there are glitter outlines on the shapes.

The card above I followed a video tutorial for; I am not sure what to do with all that hot-pink card stock that always seems to be leftover from the multi-colored paper packets, but it seems to be okay in roses. I have since made the card using other floral stamps in my collection; the "lattice" technique is a fresh way to use  some of my old stamps!

Here is the video, the tutorial part starts at about 2 minutes in: