Friday, January 10, 2014

Ornaments or Favors



Dear me, I meant to post this at Christmas time! These ornaments were made in the Cuttlebug using Nestabilities cutting dies. The idea can be used to make decorations for a Christmas tree, though I made these as tea party favors for an Autumn tea last year. 

The cutting dies come in graduated sizes. I used the Die Cuts With a View "Mariposa" Matstack, and some sparkle paper, and cut different sizes of my shape out.

Then I used mounting tape to put them together.
With the convenience of pre-printed in color, pre-glittered and embossed papers, and stickers, these can be whipped up fast! 

For the one on the right, I used a tea-cup sticker that had the same Autumn-y colors in it. On a couple I cut out smaller butterflies and mounted them on the last layer. I didn't put ribbon through them, though for hanging it would be a nice touch. These were laid by each tea setting, to add an extra decoration to the table.
 For ornaments that might be displayed on a tree, you can make these double-sided (The top one in the photo is actually double-sided, I didn't have a picture of the other side, sorry!). Done in pastels, these oval ornaments could be pretty on an Easter tree or as favors for an Easter tea! Hmm... maybe I should get out the hearts and see what I can do for Valentine's day...