Saturday, November 5, 2011

Hooray! How to get your Share feature back in Google Reader

I have been wanting to rant about the cruel changes to Google Reader for days now. However, since this is The Pleasant Times I am a bit restricted from spreading gloom here! Which is all for the best.

Since using Google Reader, I was so happy to find out I could share interesting and inspiring articles from blogs and websites very easily on my sidebar. No signing up for facebook, or twitter, to share things with my readers. It was a great time-saver for me. The wonderful one-click "share" button was one of the features that was "axed" when the new Google Reader appeared, but there is a way to get it back!

Using the Google Chrome browser, go the the Chrome store and download this free feature:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gmgmcmhmodidojodfoekpbjnejlhcbpb?hl=en-US

I tried it out and indeed, the item I shared today has appeared in my "Shared Items" box on the sidebar. I am not sure how long this will last before "they" take my box away, but I hope it is a permanent solution.

-The Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.