The first set was made for a fan of Mary Engelbreit. The only ME rubber stamp I had was cracked (also the only stamp to do so in my collection) and so I debated whether to order a new one for this project, or see if I could use what I had in a Mary Engelbreit-ish way! Her colors are bolder than I am used to, and this card set was certainly a stretch for me, but I enjoyed the end result. I used some little stamps I had ordered from "D.O.T.S." (which is now "Close to my Heart") which were as close as I could get to Mary Engelbreit's style. So besides finding a new use for small stamps, I also found a new way to use some old stamps!
The cards in this set were layered with colored card stock, scrapbook paper, ribbon, and die-cut ovals.
The inside of each card had a coordinating image stamped. Cherries are very Mary Engelbreit, I think!
"You're my cup of Tea"
"Sew glad we're Friends"
(The photo of the inside of this one didn't turn out, it was a little heart with a needle and thread)
"Thank You Berry Much"
I hope the recipient had fun mailing these to her friends.
The next card set used a "Victorian" rubber stamp set that I bought from Inkadinkado about 20 years ago! To make it an ocean-themed set, I added a little shell and starfish from my collection.
The cards in this set were layered with colored cards stock, an embossed piece, ribbon, and die-cut ovals.
A hat from the "Victorian" set.
A rowboat ride from the "Victorian" set.
The inside was layered with colored cardstock. This is one of those cases when a (cough!) mis-measurement called for the necessity of a border stamp to "decorate" the leftover space at the top.
The one thing missing from these cards was that little bit of "bling," but I did not have time to add glitter. I think the red set was fine without it, but the ocean set would have been lovely with some glitter.
On a card-related note, here's a pretty "Chocolate Box Bow" tutorial I found recently, which is useful not only for cards but for other applications! I hope to try this out soon.