Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2013 Christmas Tree Inspiration Part 6: Fun Trees


"Let it Snow Somewhere Else"
I, of course, do not agree. 
This has to be the "Bah Humbug" of Christmas signs!  

This tree is chock-full of snowmen-- wood, metal, glass, and plush!

 There were bells that looked like snowmen,  sleds as snowmen and of course snowballs as snowmen-- and lots of snowmen heads. 


And of course word signs-- this one was chunky wood.

 
Soft skate with a candy cane blade.

I liked the little snow-birds and soft Christmas balls. 

This tree was all Santa and Reindeer night-before-Christmas themed, with a sub-theme of Grandparents (the real Santa Claus, as we all know). 

I especially liked the plush reindeer all over the tree. 

I'm envisioning a tree full of hand-made wee stockings, each one different from the other... if I had nothing else to do this season, I might attempt that.

I didn't get many photos of the travel themed tree, but I liked all the snowflakes more than the travel ornaments!


The toy-themed tree had an old-fashioned top and radio flyer sled as the tree topper! I didn't get a good picture of that, but I did get some of the ornaments. Of course they are all delicate and shiny and sparkly, but you can see raiding the children's toy box and attacking the toys with glitter could yield your own sort of toy tree! Sailboats, cars, dump trucks, airplanes, and lots of candy adorned this tree. The garland was of beads instead of ribbon. 

The viewfinder ornaments were so funny looking! Who ever thought to recast them as Christmas ornaments?



Really yummy looking cupcakes hanging from the lower branches of the toy tree. No, they aren't real.

Neither is this ribbon candy, but it sure was sparkly.