Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Chicken Shower



One of my neighbors became the "grandmother" of a baby chick. One of her hens turned out to be an excellent mother, sitting on her egg faithfully and lo and behold, 20-some days later, it hatched! My neighbor was so excited!

I thought it would be fun to throw a shower for her, to mark the occasion.




I have had this farm print fabric in my stash for years. I matched it up with some scraps of this and that, and made an apron for my neighbor. 

The apron has big pockets to gather eggs with, or carry chicks as the case may be:)

The gifts were: a Chicken magazine, the apron, a few empty egg cartons, and a little bag of corn scratch for the new mother hen. Here's hoping the chick will be a hen (not a rooster) and lay lots of eggs someday! 



Posted by Picasa