Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Child's Church Bag

By our Sewing Room Editor, Miss Thread



Using some scraps of coordinating quilter's fabric, I made up a quick bag for a child to take to church. I enjoyed utilizing decorative stitches on the sewing machine when hemming and top stitching. 

It is just the right size to hold a notebook and a small Bible, and has a pocket that serendipitously turned out to be just the right size for a box of crayons. 

This is the back. The bag construction is loosely based on these wall pockets which I enjoy making (if you have a sewing notebook, print the tutorial out and put it in there!). I was going on the size of my scraps so mine is smaller, has no lining, and I added two handles. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.