Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Easy Stamped Card

A quick and easy rubber stamped card, with coordinating envelope made from scrapbook paper.


I have been watching some rubber stamp technique videos.  I like the videos from StampTV. Though I have few of the products mentioned in the episodes, I can make do with my drawers full of stamps and materials already accumulated over the years. A new idea or two makes card making fun again! 


I used an old stamp from my 20-year collection of rubber stamps. This one was from Personal Stamp Exchange (PSX E-528). My heart still beats fast when I flip through my old PSX catalog! Most of their stamped images were shown embossed and colored in. Beautiful and elegant, but time consuming. I have been on the look out for card ideas that require simple stamping in ink and that's it!

I like this card idea, it is really fast to make!

Here is the tutorial for the above card. I used scrapbook paper for my color layers rather than cardstock as shown in the video. Because my paper is printed with designs, I left 1/4 inch border around the image so more color comes through.

Here is another one I did, this time with a sunflower stamp. With no embossing or embellishments, I can "run over" these cards to make sure the glue is sticking and that all the layers are nice and flat:

I can use a brayer for this (make sure it is clean, no ink!), 

Or I can put it through my Cuttlebug between the "B" plates.
I know, maybe cards don't have to be that flat, but it is fun to use the Cuttlebug:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.