Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Lady Sits at Her Desk Writing with a Quill Pen



Buy This at Allposters.com




Happy New Year from The Pleasant Times! Some members of our staff have written resolutions for the New Year that they fully intend to keep. It is so much better to make a resolution that you can keep, is it not? Better for self-esteem, self-image, self-awareness, self-respect, self-worth, self-confidence, self-motivation, and self-congratulation. So without further ado, here are the resolutions:


The Editor, Elizabeth H.:
I resolve this year to gain at least 20 pounds. Also to take more naps. I will use Incandescent light bulbs and enjoy every minute basking in their warm glow. 


Food Editor Bessie Baker Cook:
I resolve to eat chocolate. 


Sewing Editor Miss Thread:
I resolve to buy more fabric, to keep all colors of thread in stock, and to only organize the sewing room when I need to make space for the aforementioned more fabric. Furthermore, I resolve to start some projects that will sit in the closet for ten years waiting to be finished.


Garden Editor Miss Annabelle:
I resolve not to make any resolutions or lists.


Etiquette Lady Miss Rose:
What are my resolutions? I do not usually participate in surveys or such questionnaires, as I find them highly annoying in their nosiness. In my opinion, personal New Years Resolutions (such as anything to do with weight or shocking eating habits) should be kept to oneself, and not published abroad for everyone to hear. Telling people publicly on social networking sites or blogs that you resolve to quit some bad habit, such as sleeping in until noon, or quit being late to appointments, however much these may be evils you wish to change, may come back to bite you as future employers will not want to hire such an unreliable person. Making difficult resolutions such as "I will get up at dawn and walk a mile every single day without fail" are soon a source of embarrassing reminders by those who heard about it. Better to keep resolutions confined to one's bed-side paper diary. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.