Saturday, July 23, 2011

Have you seen your needles lately?

By The Pleasant Times sewing editor, Miss Thread


Pins and needles, needles and pins, 
It's a happy man that grins!

(I do not know why, but the above was often quoted to me as a youngster. Could it be I was a bit cranky while sewing?!)
An experienced seamstress and I recently went shopping at the fabric store. We treated ourselves to new pincushions, with the sharpening strawberry on the side.
After transferring my pins to the new pincushion, just for fun I decided to open up my old one and find all my needles that had been pushed too far in and were never seen again. I found ten needles!
I thought that was quite something until I asked to open up the experienced seamstress' old pincushion:


She had fifty.

Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.