Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Modern Devices Fall Short Of This


Why did we ever give up this kind of telephone? I had no idea it could do so much for someone-- it sounds so convenient! I wish my modern telephone could run errands for me. I wonder how they programmed it?

Text in above ad says:

“Advantages of a Residence Telephone.
Makes engagements;
Invites your friends;
Friends can call you;
Does your shopping;
Reserves theatre tickets;
Orders your groceries;
And corrects mistakes;
Calls the plumber;
Hastens the delivery of goods;
Saves letter writing;
Calls your husband;
Saves time and steps;
Runs your errands;
Calls the doctor;
Calls the fire department;
Calls the police."


image from wikimedia commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.