Sunday, November 14, 2010

"Snowballs"


By The Pleasant Times Sewing Room Editor Miss Thread

A quick, fun craft are these mini "snowballs."
They are simply yo-yo's that are stuffed. These are doll-sized snowballs, using the instructions here, only starting with very small circles (I used a juice-can lid, about 3" across, to trace my circles). I was able to sew about 2 dozen in one evening.
The scrap bag supplied white fabric for this project in sparkled, tone-on-tone, and textured variations. White felt and an overlay of sparkly net on plain muslin were also used. It was a great way to use small pieces of material that I just didn't want to throw away!
Thinking of the icy blues of glaciers, I did some in blue.


And just for fun, a couple in pink sparkly fabric.

I'm thinking that a few of these strung together to make a garland would be cute around a mini-Christmas tree!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.