Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Fashion

I waited anxiously this summer to see if my rose would bloom. You see, it was in an area where the tall grass took over, and it had been mowed over twice, and I thought that was the end for sure. The rose bush was special to me, as it was given to me on my 16th birthday by my grandmother. It is a Jackson Perkins rose, called "Summer Fashion." It bloomed one fine day, deep yellow in the center, changing to a creamy yellow, then the tips of the petals underneath tinged with pink.

Later on after a hot sunny day, you can see it got a bit of a tan. The yellow turned to pink.


The next morning, the pink darkened....



and by dusk it was dark pink. I usually pick them at the yellow stage, but I found it interesting to watch the change on the bush.


No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.