Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pink Check Cottage Dress

This dress is made from a heavier-weight woven cotton from my mother's stash. The collar is bleached muslin, added from another pattern.

Despite adjustments, the collar did not meet in the back. So I added a box pleat at center back, which worked great, but required the sleeves to be re-drafted. The sleeves could have had matching cuffs, until I discovered that the scrap of muslin I was using for the collar did not match the one on the sleeves! I had two different muslins in my sewing basket. The "tint" difference was quite noticeable in daylight, so off went the cuffs.







The collar is trimmed in a simple pink zig-zag.




No comments:

Post a Comment

READ ME FIRST!
Pleasant Letters are Most Welcome!

Comments will be moderated for spam control and people having a bad day or making poor life choices.

Due to time constraints it may take a few days to publish and respond to your comments.