Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friendship, Valentine Card, circa 1870
Friendship, Valentine Card, circa 1870 Giclee Print
English School
Buy at AllPosters.com

I remember when I was a girl, my mother ordered a Victorian Valentine Kit from The Pleasant Company. I had so much fun with all the paper lace doilies, ribbons, stickers, and gold paper trims! 

Here are some links for making your own Victorian Valentines:

Kits:
(warning: the above link has free Victorian clip art and instructions on how to make your own cards, but it also has some weight loss ads which are in bad taste. If you can scroll down and find the "printer friendly" button you can see the article without the ads)

Oh so Nice things to buy:
My latest favorite site to look at! http://www.soshabbypinkpaper.com/


Examples of Victorian Valentines: