Friday, December 12, 2008

On the Second Day of Christmas...


To Friends and Relatives who have been forewarned:

No,

not even a little peek. 






Besides doing the usual everyday things, today I wrapped presents, made gift labels/cards for them, and was able to send one package off in the mail. I spent a little energy trying to ignore the fact that I have not sent a single Christmas card. And then it was off to my idea book. 

I made these little fabric buckets (a miniature of this one) that unfortunately do not stand up quite right. I will use interfacing if I make more. I was hoping that by making them smaller that it would not matter if I used stiff heavy material or not. I did not plan on filling them with a dozen oranges or anything like that! The littlest one does stand quite nicely, but now I am wondering what they would be used for?? I thought it was a great idea at first, but now that I hold them in my hand I cannot think what someone would put in them. Cotton balls? Hair accessories? It is late at night, I am tired,  and I am wondering if it is worth spending a day sewing more? I can just see people's faces: "Oh, how wonderful! How cute! What in the world am I supposed to do with this?"


I'll feel more optimistic tomorrow:)
For your holiday pleasure, try some of the holiday radio stations at Pandora.
You can customize what you want to listen to. I enjoyed listening to the "Classical Christmas" part as I sewed. 
Our movie reviewer Miss DePoint recommends to readers the film, "The Little Minister" with Helen Mirren (part of the BBC "Play of the Month"). It is quite funny! I was personally really impressed with the acting.